Through this programme, as an aspiring youth, you will:
· Gain exposure to a wide range of multinational companies, top Singapore-listed companies, government agenciesand civic society organisations.
· Discover career paths related to sustainability.
· Acquire hands-on learning experience on specific sustainable development issues.
· Solve real-world problems with practical applications in business, government and civic society.
· Access to extensive networking opportunities and interactions in the sustainability sector.
· Have the opportunity to pitch for and implement the solution or idea that you devised during the Sustainability Exchange programme through funders such as SG EcoFund and OCBC Bank.
Criteria to apply:
· This programme is open to youths are Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and those who will be residing in Singapore over the course of the programme (April– August 2023)
· Currently enrolled in a local polytechnic or university, OR a young working professional under the age of 25.
· Passionate about sustainability and have demonstrated some level of leadership or activism in a related field
· Able to communicate effectively in English (both written and spoken)
· It is preferable to have some experience working on sustainability projects or jobs, or through studies
To be fully immersed in the programme and obtain the most benefit from participating, youth participants are required to commit significant time to attend and participate in programme activities and events.
· To attend all of the programme’s events and meetings, including briefing sessions to beheld in 3rd and 4th week of April, the final showcase atthe end of August and three capacity building workshops which will be held fromMay – July 2023: May 12th, June 21st and July 10th
· To commit to the six-month-long programme with sustained participation to the end, and measurement of impact thereafter.
· Youths are expected to arrange times to meet and speak to mentors, alongside other teammates, on a bi-weekly basis from April – August 2023. Times are to be agreed within the team and with their mentors.
· To produce an impact report at the end of the programme to fulfil the objectives of the initiative
As an experienced mentor, you will:
· Guide the next generation of sustainability leaders and make meaningful impact
· Have direct access to young talents for talent development and recruitment opportunities for your organisation
· Gain extensive networking opportunities and interactions in the sustainability sector
· Be recognised as a partner for this initiative and all its marketing and publicity collaterals (both the individual and the organisation)
· Be able to join the newly launched CSOxChange, an initiative launched by EB Impact andEco-Business, in partnership with SGTech. Learn more about the initiative here.
Criteria to apply:
· Open to mentors who will be residing in Singapore over the course of the programme(April – August 2023)
· Professionals with minimum five years of experience in a sustainability-related field of position
· Interested in supporting the growth of youths in their sustainability-related profession and personal explorations
· Willing to share their knowledge about career paths and personal experiences working in sustainability-related fields
· View this programme as beneficial to their organisation, in terms of visibility and access to fresh thinking talents
· Mentors with the ability to extend their support by potentially offering internships and other working opportunities to youth participants, preferred
· To attend all of the programme’s events and meetings - youths are expected to arrange times to meet/speak to mentors on a bi-weekly (one every two weeks) basis fromApril to August 2023, at times agreed between them.
· To commit to mentoring a group of 3 to 4 youths throughout the programme, to be present and responsive to the allocated youth participants.
· To share knowledge, skills, values and experiences with youths.
How will mentees and mentors be matched?
The steering committee have put together a set of problem statements, under six key pillars and sectors of focus in Singapore’s transition to a green economy. Interested youths and mentors will be able to indicate their preferred choice of theme to solve and will be matched according to their choices. Youths and mentors will also have the ability to indicate other areas of interest if not listed in the pre-curated list of problem statements. This allows for greater flexibility, and alignment of interest and mentor expertise, to ensure that the mentorship journey will bring about the most benefit for all participants.
March 17th: Applications Launch
April 4th: Applications Deadline
April 5th –April 17th: Confirmation of teams and onboarding for youths and mentors
May 12th: Workshop 1
June 21st: Workshop 2
July 10th: Workshop 3
August 30th: Final Showcase