Sustainability Exchange is a new initiative launched by EB Impact in partnership with Facebook and supported by the Climate Action SG Alliance.
In the past decade, the global rise in awareness on sustainability and climate change issues have re-defined thinking around what constitutes sustainable development. This initiative provides a platform to accelerate this understanding among youths and enable them to apply it in real-world business and policy contexts.
This three-month mentorship programme —the first of its kind in Singapore — is specially tailored for youths to work on solving problem statements under the guidance of seasoned sustainability professionals.
It focuses on developing new capabilities in the area of sustainability, and serves as a thought leadership platform for youths and mentors to exchange ideas and to drive sustainability innovation in Singapore.
The programme also provides a timely opportunity for meaningful interactions between key stakeholders in the civic society, public and private sectors.
Who Are We Looking For
- Gain exposure to a wide range of multinational companies, top Singapore-listed companies, government agencies and civic society organisations.
- Discover career paths related to sustainability.
- Acquire hands-on learning experience on specific sustainable development issues.
- Solve real-world problems with practical applications in business, government and civic society.
- Access to extensive networking opportunities and interactions in the sustainability sector.
Criteria to apply:
- Open to youths who are residents of Singapore.
- Aged 19 to 30 years old.
- Passionate about sustainability issues and have demonstrated some level of leadership or activism in a related field.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (Both written and spoken).
- Preferably some experience working on sustainability projects or jobs.
- To attend all of the programme's events and meetings.
- To commit to the three-month-long programme with sustained participation to the end, and measurement of impact thereafter.
- To produce a report at the end of the programme, to fulfil the objectives of the initiative.
- Nurture the next generation of sustainability leaders and make meaningful impact.
- Have direct access to young talents for talent development and recruitment opportunities for your organisation.
- Gain extensive networking opportunities and interactions in the sustainability sector.
- Be recognized as a partner for this initiative and all its marketing and publicity collaterals (both the individual and the organisation).
- Be provided a token honorarium
Criteria to apply:
- Professionals with at least five years of experience in a sustainability-related field of position.
- Interested in supporting the growth of youths in their sustainability-related profession and personal explorations.
- Willing to share their knowledge about career paths and personal experiences working in sustainability-related fields.
- View this programme as beneficial to their organisation, in terms of visibility and access to fresh thinking talents.
- To attend the opening and closing events.
- To commit to mentoring a group of 3 to 4 youths throughout the programme, including attending of virtual meetings (Bi-weekly, for three months).
- To identify a real-world project in their organisation that the youths can work on.
- To share knowledge, skills, values and experiences with youths.
- Phase 1 application and selection*: 16 Oct 2020 - 15 Nov 2020
- Official launch event: 20 Nov 2020
- Phase 2 application and selection*: 20 Nov 2020 - 11 Dec 2020
- Start of mentorship: 11 Jan 2021
- Closing event: Apr 2021
- Follow-up impact assessment: Apr 2021 - Sep 2021
*We are reviewing your applications on a rolling basis and would highly recommend getting your application in as soon as possible! Successful applicants will be notified of the subsequent steps via their registered email.
How To Apply
Applications are now open till 11 December 2020, 2359h.
Click here to sign up as a youth participant.
Click here to sign up as a mentor.