1. What is the scholarship amount and what does it cover?
The scholarship grants the recipient(s) up to $S5,000 to cover education expenses, such as tuition fees, at their university of choice. Students who are under this scholarship fund, may also be receiving funding and/or financial assistance from other sources.
2. I did not study any sustainability related subjects in pre-tertiary education. Can I still apply for the scholarship?
The scholarship is eligible for those intending to study sustainability related majors in undergraduate and postgraduate education. If you are accepted by a university to study a sustainability-related degree programme, you would be eligible for the scholarship.
3. What if I do not have my university offer and/or acceptance letter yet?
You may still apply for the scholarship.There will be a section in the application form where you are able to indicate your preferred choice of major and university. Your scholarship offer will be conditional on your university acceptance.
4. Am I allowed to change my degree midway through my university programme?
The scholarship committee at EB Impact must be informed and consulted of your decision to change programmes. Eligibility ofthe scholarship considering changes to university majors or programmes are subject to review on a case-by-case basis.
EB Impact reserves the right to with draw the scholarship offer and acceptance without any liability whatsoever to EB Impact if the programme changes are deemed unsuitable to be eligible for the scholarship.
5. What does the EB Impact community offer?
Opportunities for mentoring and leadership development:
· Scholarship recipients will have access to mentoring and leadership development opportunities, including networking opportunities, workshops, and training sessions.
· Community benefits for the intern
· Community and networking events with youth professionals in the sustainability space
· Mentorship opportunities with high-level executives (CSOxChange)
· Opportunity to be part of our flagship programmes (Sustainability Exchange and Sustainability Media Academy) for enhanced learning
· Opportunity to participate in up-skilling workshops and sustainability courses
· Internship placement opportunities with Comfort DelGro, where suited.
6. Do I have to serve a bond after my scholarship has lapsed?
There is no bond during or after the scholarship duration, however, internship opportunities with Comfort DelGro may available where suitable.
7. Is this application open to all nationalities?
This scholarship is open to Singaporean citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs), and citizens of other Asean countries. If you are an organisation, university or individual looking to explore opportunities to bring this grant to other markets in the Asia Pacific or expanding it's impact, please reach out to Erin, Partnerships and Programmes Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any further questions, feel free to email us directly at email@example.com.